Apply for the Community Fund
The fund is only available for new projects led by people based or operating solely or mainly within North Yorkshire and the City of York.
So far Julia has awarded just under £1m to support more than 100 local projects, all of whom are helping to make their communities safer.
Funds from £500 up to £20,000 can be awarded for specific projects that support communities within North Yorkshire to “Be Safe and Feel Safe”, including:
- Diversionary activities for children and young people
- Promoting safety and reducing the fear of crime and anti-social behaviour
- Support for victims
- Improving community cohesion
- Preventing crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting the purchase of specific pieces of equipment in key community locations
- Community Fund application form
- Community Fund – Guidance notes
- To speak to someone about the Community Fund, call 01423 569 562.
|Quarter||Quarter Time Period||Submission Deadline||Panel Decision meeting|
|1||January – April 2017||13 April||27 April|
|2||April – July 2017||July 2017||August 2017|
|3||July – October 2017||October 2017||November 2017|
|4||October – January 2018||January 2018||February 2018|
Community Fund summary
- 2013/14 – £254,735 awarded to 29 projects
- 2014/15 – £235,904 awarded to 31 projects
- 2015/16 – £263,881 awarded to 31 projects; and
- 2016/17 (to January 2017) – £139,061 awarded to 18 projects