If you have a concern about vehicles speeding through your community the first thing you should do is to report it.
Reporting speeding concerns
To report a site causing concern due to speeding vehicles you must provide all of the following information:
- Your name and contact details (address, email, telephone)
- Details of the location where speeding is occurring (road name/ number, town/ village, landmark or location description e.g. house number or junction)
- When the speeding is occurring e.g. whether there are any days or times of the week in which the problem is worse
- What type of vehicle causing the problem e.g. cars, motorcycles, lorries, buses
- Whether the vehicles are being driven by general traffic, local residents or employees of a particular company
- Any additional information which you think may help us to understand your concern
You should make this report by:
- Completing a speed concern report
- Return the form to:
North Yorkshire Police Traffic Bureau, PO Box 809, York, YO31 6DG
or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have completed the form, the following process will be followed:
Once a Speed concern report is submitted an investigation will be undertaken to examine accident data and traffic speeds at that specific location. This investigation will determine what action will be taken.
When you submit your form you will receive an acknowledgement and once the investigation is completed you will be informed of the conclusions.
Reporting anti-social use of vehicles or poor driving
North Yorkshire Police’s Operation Spartan encourages those who witness the anti-social use of vehicles or poor driving, to report them online, as part of their road safety campaign. Members of the public are also encouraged to upload dash cam or mobile phone footage of dangerous or anti-social driving they have witnessed.
A profile of information will be collated for the police to assess and act upon, to ensure guidance and advice can be provided to those who need it.