Executive Assistant to the Police and Crime Commisioner
Location: Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner, 12 Granby Road, Harrogate
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Closing date: 9am 17 October 2018
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant who will work for the Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC) in Harrogate. This is an ideal opportunity to experience the challenging and diverse working environment of the OPCC and the wider police service at a time of intense change, as North Yorkshire Police goes through a programme of transformation.
The role of the Executive assistant is to provide a confidential executive support service to the PCC and manage staff within the OPCC to facilitate open communications, trouble shoot problems and broker solutions, and identify opportunities to progress the PCC’s objectives, noting where challenges, risks and issues are arising.
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous relevant experience working as an Executive Assistant.
- Strong diary management experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills both written and verbal including presentations and public speaking Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organisational abilities are required.
- Line management experience.
- Report writing and budgetary experience.
- Previous experience demonstrating strong organisational skills and the ability to work independently, with a key attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills – proficient in Microsoft Office applications
In return you can expect a strong commitment to your own personal development, tailored to your own particular circumstances. We can offer access to relevant training support and encouragement from managers and peers to help you achieve your personal goals.
You’ll work for an organisation that cares about the well-being of its personnel, and actively supports people so they can perform to their best at work.
In addition, NYP offers a range of benefits including:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support for further professional development
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Upbeat – Access to a fantastic range of exclusive discounts on well-known online and high street retailers
The closing date for applications for this role is 9am on the 17th October 2018.
Independent Custody Visitors
Julia Mulligan, Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire, has responsibility for a team of ‘Independent Custody Visitors, a team of volunteers who make unannounced visits to police stations in North Yorkshire. They speak with people detained in custody, check their welfare and the conditions in which they are being held and submit reports on their visits.
Independent custody visiting is a vital element of the work of the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner in ensuring that the police service is open and accountable to the people it serves. The scheme works to Home Office guidelines.
Julia Mulligan said, “Independent Custody Visitors are an important part of holding policing to account locally. If you are interested in helping your community and want to volunteer, please consider this unique role.”
The Commissioner is currently recruiting volunteers for the Scarborough, Harrogate and York areas.
Read the latest press release: Volunteers needed to check on the welfare of police custody detainees – only the compassionate need apply
Find out more about this role and how to apply
For more information or an informal discussion, please all our office on 01423 569 562 or email firstname.lastname@example.org