Vacancy – Chief Constable
Chief Constable, North Yorkshire Police
- Based in Northallerton, North Yorkshire, with some agile working
- Salary £139,890
- Five years fixed-term contract (but exact term can be negotiated on appointment)
The Police and Crime Commissioner for North Yorkshire is seeking an exceptional candidate to become the new Chief Constable of North Yorkshire Police.
As well as holding an exemplary professional record as an officer, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An authentic and engaging style of leadership, with the personality and credibility to inspire support across the Force’s broad range of stakeholders
- A commitment to openness, transparency and candour in all dealings
- An innovative, forwarding-thinking mindset, together with the strategic skills to lead an organisation-wide service transformation programme at pace
- A passion for public service, including a deep understanding of the needs of rural communities, and the ability to develop strategic partnerships that can “change the game” for public safety.
Closing date for applications: 9am 22 June 2018
Assessments for shortlisted candidates on 26 and 27 July 2018
Candidates are encouraged to visit North Yorkshire and take advantage of the “open door” policy. To arrange a visit please contact the PCC’s Personal Assistant Eve Mortimer email email@example.com or telephone 01423 569562.
North Yorkshire Police supports Positive Action, and is striving to be an equal opportunities employer